Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mouse Control Update

NOTE: if you are at all squeamish, do not read this article!

We arrived in the office this morning to a dead, headless mouse! Last fall, we adopted two kittens to help with controlling the mouse population (the mice have made themselves known by little droppings on our desks, in our coffee cups, and the occasional gnawed piece of chocolate).

There's our Trixie with the lifeless body. I'd be happier if it weren't so grizzly. (I've been told that this is how nature works - predators and prey...)

But, what about the head? Did they eat it? Eeew!

Also, who was the killer? Lil' Ed or Trixie? They're about the same age, and the same size. But neither seemed to show much interest in the dead little mouse.

An hour or so later, I noticed Lil' Ed playing with something near a rug in my office... You guessed it, the head!

Ick.

At least we know Lil' Ed & Trixie are earning their kibble.

1 comment:

David said...

I watched one of our barn cats eat an entire vole in one gulp! Pretty considerate of him -- nothing for me to clean up.